Lady Shri Ram College for Women (LSR) is a constituent women’s college, affiliated with the University of Delhi. Established in 1956 in New Delhi by the late Lala Shri Ram in memory of his wife Phoolan Devi (Lady Shri Ram), the college began in a school building in Daryaganj, Central Delhi with 299 students, nine faculty, and four support staff. LSR was established by the late Sir Shri Ram in memory of his wife in 1956. Lady Shri Ram College for Women, has long been recognized as a premier institution of higher learning for women in IndiaIn 2001, The College celebrated its Platinum jubilee. The Seminar Room of the College was constructed in celebration to 75 years of the institution. In 2007, the main College building was awarded the status of “Heritage Building” by the Government of Delhi.
Loyola College is a private Catholic higher education institution run by the Society of Jesus in Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India. It was founded in 1925 by the French Jesuit priest, Francis Bertram, along with other European Jesuits. It is an autonomous Jesuit college affiliated with the University of Madras. Loyola commerce association celebrated its 75th year in 2019. The first Chairman of the National Forum of Persons affected by Leprosy (now Association of People affected by Leprosy), recipient of the Padma Shri award in 2012. The campus features tree-lined pathways, academic buildings, steepled Gothic church that dates back to 1930, and separate fields for each sport. The Auditorium, Multipurpose hall and Classrooms are thoroughly utilized for curricular, co-curricular and extra-curricular activities.
Miranda House is a constituent college for women at the University of Delhi in India. Miranda House was founded in 1948 by the university vice-chancellor, Sir Maurice Gwyer. In a magazine published by him in 1952, he wrote three reasons as to why the college was called Miranda. His favorite actress was Carmen Miranda, his daughter’s name was Miranda, and a character named Miranda in William Shakespeare’s play The Tempest was, according to him, a perfect example of what a lady should be. Its foundation stone was laid by Lady Edwina Mountbatien on 7 March in the same year. Miranda House is built of red bricks on the university campus. Its original design was planned by the architect Walter Sykes George and is architecturally similar to other educational institutions in India founded in the colonial era.
PSGR Krishnammal College for Women, is an autonomous arts and science college. PSGR Krishnammal College for Women was established in 1963 under the GRG Trust, founded by Sri G.R. Govindarajulu and Smt. Chandrakanthi Govindarajulu with a motto of ’empowering women through education’, initially affiliated to the University of Madras. Established in 1963 by Sri. G.R. Govindarajulu and Smt. Chandrakanthi Govindarajulu, PSGR Krishnammal College for Women (PSGRKCW) has now blossomed into a reputed and renowned institution of higher education. The rich heritage is carried forward under the leadership of the Managing Trustee, Sri. G. Rangaswamy and Founder Trustee, Smt. R. Nandini. Enjoying autonomy since 2004. PSGRKCW is located in calm and quiet surroundings that is conducive to learning. It helps to stimulate both personal and professional growth of the students. The campus is located about 6km from the Coimbatore railway station. With standby power supply, 24/7 Wi-fi connectivity, cafeteria, laboratories and libraries, the life on campus is vibrant and thriving.
Presidency College is the first and the foremost institution established by the British India Government in 1840. Since then it has developed into one of the top 10 college in India with International reputation on education and research. This Government Institution in higher education can be called as ‘The Light house of entire South India on Higher Education and Research.’ The foremost University of Madras province namely the University of Madras was started in 1857, nearly 17 years after the formation of Presidency College. On this account this college in proudly nick named as “The Mother of Madras University”. The college was conferred Autonomous status in the year 1987 and got the NAAC reaccreditation with ‘A’ Grade 90% credit.
Hindu College is a constituent college of the University of Delhi in New Delhi, India. it is one of the oldest for arts and sciences in India. It offers undergraduate and postgraduate programmes in sciences, humanities, social sciences and commerce. In 2020. Hindu College was founded in 1899 by Krishan Dassji Gurwale. the college was housed in a humble building in Kinari Bazar, Chandni Chowk, and it was affiliated to Punjab University as there was no university in Delhi at that time. The college is spread across a 25-acre campus. It has one auditorium, a seminar room and maintains a playground and a sports complex. Basketball, cricket, and table tennis are organised under the supervision of the director of physical education. The college has physics and chemistry laboratories, NCC and NSS rooms, a computer room, photocopier and stationery shop. A Students’ Centre offers a bank and a canteen.
St. Xavier’s College is a private, Catholic, autonomous higher education college under Calcutta University run by the Calcutta Province of the Society of Jesus in Kolkata, India. It was founded by the Jesuits in 1860 and named after St. Francis Xavier, a Jesuit saint of the 16th century, who travelled to India. In 2006, it became the first autonomous college in West Bengal, India, and is affiliated to the University of Calcutta. The college was founded in 1860 by the Jesuits. The college classes are spread over four floors across two buildings. There are over 50 classrooms, half a dozen audio-visual rooms and three computer laboratories, each with a capacity to seat over 70 people. The college classes are spread over four floors across two buildings. There are over 50 classrooms, half a dozen audio-visual rooms and three computer laboratories, each with a capacity to seat over 70 people. has a seating capacity of over 800 people.
Ramakrishna Mission Vidyamandira is an autonomous degree college of India located in Belur. The Ramakrishna
Mission Vidyamandira is a fully residential degree college for boys affiliated to the University of Calcutta founded in
1941 by the Ramakrishna Mission. The name ‘Vidyamandira’ was given by Swami Vivekananda in 1898 There are
around 600 students enrolled in this college. The students stay at five hostels at the sprawling campus: ‘Shree’, ‘Vidya’,
Vinay’, ‘Vivek’ and ‘Shraddha’. These hostels are called “Bhavanas”. They are expected to lead a disciplined life under
the supervision of the monastic members of the Ramakrishna order while at the college.
St. Stephen’s College is an affiliated college of the University of Delhi. It was established in 1881 by the Cambridge Mission to Delhi. The college admits both undergraduates and post-graduates and awards degrees in liberal arts and sciences under the purview of the University of Delhi. St. Stephen’s College can be traced to St. Stephen’s High School, founded in 1854 by Samuel Scott Allnutt, chaplain of Delhi, run by the Delhi Mission of the United Society. The campus is located in the North Campus of the University of Delhi and designed by the distinguished Welsh architect Walter Sykes George. The college had previously functioned from a campus in Kashmiri Gate, DelhI.
Atma Ram Sanatan Dharma College (ARSD College), formerly Sanatan Dharma College, is a co-educational constituent college of the University of Delhi. The college was founded on August 3, 1959, by the Sanatan Dharma Maha Sabha, Delhi. Late Shri Atma Ram Chadha, a philanthropist, took over as chairman of the college governing body in 1967. The current chairman of the college is Prof.Renu Deswal. The college has been ranked as 5th best college in India as per National Institutional Ranking Framework in 2017. In 2021 the college has 12th rank across India as per NIRF.
Gargi College is a college affiliated to the University of Delhi. It was established in the year 1967 and offers education in Arts and Humanities, Commerce, Science and Education for women. Gargi College has been honoured with Star College Status by Department of Biotechnology, Government of India. Gargi College was named after an enlightened woman named Gargi Vachaknavi, figuring in the Brihadaranyaka Upanishada of the Vedic Age. Gargi College, one of the two colleges in Delhi to have been awarded the college with a Potential for Excellence grant, by the University Grants Commission in the year 2004–2005. The college has nine departments namely Botany, Chemistry, Commerce, Elementary Education, Microbiology, Physics, Psychology, Zoology and the Women’s Development Centre.
Shri Ram College of Commerce (SRCC) is a premier college for commerce and economics affiliated to the Delhi University. SRCC was ranked the best Commerce College in India by India Today in 2020. It is ranked 12th among colleges in India by the National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF) in 2021. SRCC was ranked the best Commerce College in India by India. Shri Ram College offers various courses in Commerce, Economics and Business. These include two undergraduate programs and three post graduate programs: Bachelor of Commerce (Hons), B.A (Hons) Economics, Masters of Commerce, M. A. (Economics), PG Diploma in Global Business Operation (PGDGBO). Additionally, the college has eight departments which include the disciplines of Commerce, Economics, Mathematics, Hindi, English, Political science, Computer science, and Physical education.
Sri Venkateswara College is a constituent college of the University of Delhi established in 1961 in New Delhi, India. It is managed by Tirumala Tirupati Devasthanams & UGC and awards degrees under the purview of the University of Delhi. The college offers courses both at the undergraduate level and the postgraduate level. Vocational courses and short-term add-on courses that serve as significant supplement to the academic profiles of the students are offered by the college. Admissions are done purely based on merit and as per the Delhi University norms. It was ranked by NIRF at 11th rank in the college category in 2021.
Hansraj College is a constituent college of the University of Delhi, in New Delhi, India. The departments of Hansraj college includes science, liberal arts and commerce. The college was founded on 26 July 1948 in memory of the prominent Indian educator and nationalist Mahatma Hansraj. Initially started as an institution for men, the college became co-educational in 1978. With over 3,000 students, it is one of the largest constituent colleges of the University of Delhi. For years Hans Raj College has been ranked among the Top-10 colleges of India in all three disciplines. At the celebration of its 69th Foundation Day, Naveen Jindal, industrialist and alumnus, announced that Hans Raj College would become the first college to hoist the national flag on its premises. The college hoisted the Monumental Flag on 25 January 2017 which happens to be the second Monumental Flagpole in Delhi after CP. The flag was hoisted by MP Naveen Jindal, an alumnus of the college and founder of Flag Foundation of India (FFOI).
Deen Dayal Upadhyaya College (informally known as DDUC) is a constituent college of the University of Delhi in India, located at Phase 1, Dwarka Sector-3, Dwarka, New Delhi, Delhi 110078. It is fully funded by Government of Delhi. It was established in August 1990 in the memory of Deen Dayal Upadhyaya, a philosopher, thinker and social worker. There are 2 hostels, boys and girls, having 90 limited seats each. Facilities such as air conditioning, attached bathroom, WiFi and many others are provided to students living far away from home. The college, informally known as DDUC, offers many undergraduate courses, including BA, B.Sc. and B.Com. programs. In 2021, Deen Dayal Upadhyaya College was ranked 13th among colleges in India by National Institutional Ranking Framework.
Lady Irwin College is a constituent college of the University of Delhi. Established in 1932, it is a women’s college located in New Delhi, India, and offers graduate courses in Food Technology as well as graduate and post-graduate courses in Home Science. In 1928, the All India Women’s Conference began to raise funds for the college. The college has an illustrious ancestry and was established under the patronage of Lady Dorothy Irwin, wife of Lord Irwin, Viceroy of India and the Maharanis of Baroda and Bhopal, Sarojini Naidu, Rajkumari Amrit Kaur, Annie Besant, Kamala Devi Chattopadhyay, Margaret Cousins and Sir Ganga Ram Kaula to name a few in 1931. The buildings of the college campus have been classified and protected as heritage sites. The college shifted to its current campus at Sikandra Road in 1938. Till 1950, it was managed by the All India Women’s Education Fund Association, after which it got affiliated to the University of Delhi.
Madras Christian College (MCC) is a liberal arts and sciences college in Chennai, India. Founded in 1837, MCC is one of Asia’s oldest extant colleges. The college is affiliated to the University of Madras but functions as an autonomous institution from its main campus in Tambaram, Chennai. It was established originally as a school for boys in the place where Anderson Church is located. From its origins as a missionary endeavor of the Church of Scotland, MCC’s alumni and professors include several civil servants, administrators, educators, business people and political leaders, around the world. MCC is the fourth best college in India in the field of sciences according to the India Today 2021 best colleges in India rankings.
Acharya Narendra Dev College is a constituent college of University of Delhi situated in Govindpuri (Kalkaji), Delhi, India. Established in 1991, Acharya operates under the aegis of, and is fully funded by, the Government of Delhi. It is named after the great educationist and reformist of modern India, Acharya Narendra Dev. The college is very accessible via public transport. Govindpuri metro station of violet line is around 1 km from the college. The college offers undergraduate and postgraduate courses in various streams. These are Bachelor with Honours in Biomedical Sciences, Botany, Chemistry, Commerce, Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science, Electronics and Zoology BSc in Physical Sciences (with Chemistry, Computer Science or Electronics) and Life Sciences. Msc in Mathematics and Chemistry. It is the first college of the university to introduce the B.Sc. Honours Biomedical Sciences in 1999. Students can enroll for the postgraduate degree of University of Delhi in Chemistry and Mathematics.
Kirori Mal College is a constituent college of the University of Delhi. Established in 1954, it is located in the North Campus of the university in New Delhi, India. It offers undergraduate and postgraduate programmes in the sciences, humanities, social sciences and commerce. The National Assessment and Accreditation Council accredited it with a CGPA of 3.54 (A++) in 2016, which is the third highest among all Delhi University colleges. Kirori Mal College was one of the few institutions of the University of Delhi selected for sports training during the Commonwealth Games in 2010 which led to new facilities being created in the form of a new building and a gymnasium to facilitate sports and other activities. The college has societies in drama, debate, quiz, music, fine arts, photography, astronomy, robotics, enactus, environment, dance, and film. KMC has many departments namely Department of Bengali, Department of Botany, Department of Chemistry, Department of Commerce, Department of Computer Science, Department of Economics, Department of English, Department of Geography, Department of Hindi, Department of History Department of Mathematics, Department of Philosophy, Department of Physical Education and Sport Sciences, Department of Physics & more others.
PSG College of Arts and Science (PSG CAS) is a College of Arts and Sciences in Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu, India. PSG College of Arts and Science was started in 1947 by the PSG and Sons Charities which was founded in 1926 by the four sons of P.S. Govindasamy Naidu. The college was affiliated to Madras University till 1978. The college became autonomous and affiliated to Bharathiar University since 1978. It is one of the first Arts and Science college in Tamil Nadu to get the autonomous status. The college was identified as a College with Potential for Excellence by University Grants Commission (India) in October 2005. It is one among 47 colleges in the country, 8 in the State and the only one in Bharathiar University. The college has been accredited at the FIVE STAR level by National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC).
Thiagarajar College is an autonomous government aided college located in Madurai, Tamil Nadu, India. It is affiliated with Madurai Kamaraj University. The college was established in 1949 by Kalaithanthai Karumuttu Thiagarajan Chettiar, a 20th-century South Indian philanthropist. The college was formally declared open by the Maharaja of Bhavnagar, the then Governor of Madras, on 12 October 1949. Its mission is to provide quality higher education to the rural masses to realize the vision of Mahatma Gandhi. The college was originally affiliated to the Madras University, for undergraduate degrees in arts and science streams. From its inception, the college remains one of the premier institutions in Madurai. The college was started with only three undergraduate courses but now has grown in its stature with 28 UG, 12 PG and 11 M.Phil and 10 Ph.D Programmes in addition to 13 diploma and 16 Certificate courses. The college is a private and aided co-educational institution affiliated to Madurai Kamaraj University. It is meticulously managed by Kalaithanthai Karumuttu Thiagarajan Chettiar Memorial Trust. The motto of the college is “Wisdom and Love embody the Divine”.
The P D Patel Institute of Applied Sciences (PDPIAS) is one amongst the constellation of colleges in the CHARUSAT Campus. It was launched in the year 2007 to impart education and conduct research in emerging areas of sciences such as, Biosciences, Physical Sciences, Chemical Sciences and Mathematical Sciences. A number of sponsored research projects are currently in progress and few are in the pipeline. The college is popularly known as,PDPIAS among the students.The institute offers a wide array of academic courses.
Daulat Ram College is a constituent colleges of the University of Delhi. Founded by educationist and philanthropist Shri Daulat Ram Gupta in 1960, located in the North Campus. The college provides education at Bachelor’s as well as Master’s levels. Daulat Ram College is an all-women college. Daulat Ram College is a premier educational institution in Delhi. It is a prestigious women’s college engaged in imparting liberal education to women. The college, a large constituent college of the University of Delhi, originally started as “Pramila College” at 22, Tilak Marg with thirteen members of teaching and two non-teaching staff with about 350 students. In 1964, the college shifted to its present premises in North Delhi University campus and was renamed as Daulat Ram College. The institution has since grown into a full-fledged extended college of University of Delhi. The college has acquired a strong identity and has evolved into a prestigious women’s college with its own distinct culture and traditions. It imparts education towards degrees at the bachelor’s level in arts, commerce and science and Masters level in arts.
St. Joseph’s College, Tiruchirappalli (SJC) in Tamil Nadu, India, was established by the Society of Jesus (Jesuits) and it is regarded as one of the prestigious institutions in India. It was affiliated to Madras University in 1869 and is currently an affiliated first grade college of Bharathidasan University. It is the only college in Tamil Nadu awarded with “Heritage Status” by UGC. St. Joseph’s College has geared up to various status for its Excellence in the field of Higher Education. College with rich Heritage constructions and Modern Infrastructure facilities and Dedicated faculty and staff with professional experience. Systematically updated, job-oriented syllabus with value based Quality education. Advanced Laboratories with modern equipments. Opportunities for Placements, Projects and Research. Strong foundation for
character building and personality development. SHEPHERD: out – reach extension program to serve the society. Enhancing the talents, analytical, technical and communication skills. Encouraging for Sports, Cultural and Service Activities. Propelling the economically poor students towards academic excellence with financial support and scholarships.
Sri Krishna Arts and Science College, also known as the SKASC Coimbatore and is an ISO certified co-educational institution. SKASC has 24-hour internet access. It has science labs equipped with IBM servers. The campus library covers 30,000 sq. ft. with reference sections, group study cells, video conference rooms and a research scholars’ room. SKASC provides furnished on-campus dormitories for boys and girls. SKASC provides a 24/7 e-Learning facility. This virtual classroom can be accessed by students and staff any time anywhere. Sri Krishna Arts and Science College with a vision of “Fitness for Purpose” is an autonomous Institution imparting Quality Education imbibing scientific and artistic knowledge to the needs of the current generation. SKASC offers 32 Undergraduate Programmes 13 Post Graduate Programmes 7 Research Programmes and one Integrated Programme. From a student strength of 623 in the academic year 2004-2005 the college had grown extensively in infrastructure, technical developments and quality Faculty strength to incorporate 8197 in the year 2020-2021.
Rajagiri College of Social Sciences is an autonomous higher educational institution located in Kalamassery, Kochi in the Indian state of Kerala. Rajagiri offers Master of Social Work (MSW), Bachelor of Commerce (BCom), Bachelor of Science in Psychology (BScPsy), Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA), Bachelor of Social Work (BSW), Master of Library Sciences (MLISc), Bachelor of Library Sciences (BLISc) and Master of Computer Applications (MCA) along with research degrees (MPhil/PhD) and diploma programmes. The college is currently, affiliated to the Mahatma Gandhi University.
Dyal Singh College is a co-educational institute of University of Delhi. It offers undergraduate as well as postgraduate courses in science, the humanities and commerce. The college admits students from all communities irrespective of gender, caste, religion and physical challenges. Dyal Singh College owes its origin to the extreme generosity and foresight of Sardar Dyal Singh Majithia, founder of ‘The Tribune’, Punjab University and ‘Punjab National Bank’, who willed his vast wealth in 1895 for the setting up of an Education Trust for a truly secular college. Consequently, Dyal Singh College was established at Lahore in 1910. After the Partition of India, Dyal Singh College was established in Karnal and in 1952 at Delhi. It started functioning in the capital at Rouse Avenue as a constituent College of the University of Delhi w.e.f 05.08.1959 and at present location since 16.10.1962. During 1963-1967, it functioned in 2 units from 8.30 am to 4.30 pm. The University of Delhi took it over as a University Maintained institution in 1978.
Andhra Loyola College (ALC)is a private, Catholic higher education institution run by the Andhra Province of the Society of Jesus in Andhra Pradesh, India. As an autonomous college, Andhra Loyola College has adopted the Choice-Based Credit System (CBCS) for degree courses, and the semester system. Instructional methods include lectures and classroom instruction, IT-based sessions, guest lectures, seminars, symposia, and field study. Loyola College is affiliated with Krishna University. The competitive admissions policy uses the KRU-CET for M.Sc. courses and I-CET for MBA and MCA courses. The college has two main blocks – North Block and South Block – each with 60,000 sq. ft. of floor space. There are a separate Intermediate Block and Postgraduate Block, and a Computer Centre building. The two libraries contain 83,000 volumes and subscriptions to 110 Indian journals and 12 foreign journals; it also has 20 computers with internet facility and three for library work. Interlibrary loan facilities through DELNET and American Library (New Delhi) are also available
Kamala Nehru College was established on 20th July, 1964. At that time, it was known as ‘Government College for Women’ and was located in Defense Colony. The College initially offered courses only in humanities but later the commerce stream was added. The college began the early years of its journey under the guidance of the founder Principal Dr. K. K. Gorowara. When the college was started, it only had sixsteen staff members and 209 students, passed out in the first batch in 1968. The college was given a new name and it became Kamala Nehru College. In 1974, On the occasion of Founder’s Day, Mrs. Indira Gandhi visited the new building, unveiled the plaque and planted saplings.
Madras School of Social Work (MSSW) is an autonomous college, It is affiliated to the University of Madras and offers various under-graduate and graduate courses in social sciences. The school is run under the aegis of the Society for Social Education and Research (SSER). Madras School of Social Work is a member of the Association of Schools of Social Work in India and the Asia – Pacific Association of Social Work Education. The School is also affiliated to the International Association of Schools of Social Work. The School is rated 3rd Best Social Work College in India and First in South India.
Bhaskar Acharya College of Applied Sciences (BCAS) is a constituent public college of the University of Delhi. It offers undergraduate courses in various disciplines of sciences and applied sciences. The college is credited by NAAC with “A” grade and has been honored with “STAR College Status” from DBT, Government of India. The college campus is spread over 12 acres with all the facilities like library, auditorium, free Wi-Fi, gymnasium, canteen and playground with sports facilities. Bhaskar Acharya College of Applied Sciences named after a great mathematician of 12th Century was set up in October, 1995. The college is a constituent college of University of Delhi and is 100% funded by Government of National Territory of Delhi. The main goal of the institution is to train students in various self-oriented professional courses like Computer Science, Electronics, Instrumentation and Food Technology.
Shaheed Rajguru College of Applied Sciences for Women, a constituent college under University of Delhi and funded by Govt. of NCT of Delhi, was established in the year 1989. The College offers undergraduate programmes namely B.Sc. (Hons.) in Biochemistry, Biomedical Science, Chemistry, Computer Science, Electronics, Food Technology,Instrumentation, Mathematics, Microbiology, Physics, Statistics, Bachelor of Business Administration (FIA), Bachelor of Management Studies and B.A. (Hons.) Psychology. These programmes provide the platform where the students are equipped with essential and practical knowledge to face the challenging posions worldwide country.
Kongunadu Arts and Science College, is an autonomous arts and science college. The college has been recognized as the ‘College of Excellence’ by the University Grants Commission and ranked among the best colleges in India. The College is ideally located in serene and rural surroundings not far from the city. It is conveniently connected with all parts of the city through frequent town buses plying from various destinations. Started in the year 1973 with a humble beginning, the college has grown magnificently in academic stature with autonomous status having 13 research programmes, 11 PG programmes and 22 UG programmes. The college is imparting higher education to approximately 5000 students, majority of whom hail from socially and economically weaker sections of the society. More than 60% of the students studying in the college are girls and thus the college is playing a pivotal role in women empowermentnand social justice.
Maitreyi College is a women’s college in the South Campus of the University of Delhi, located in Bapu Dham,Chanakyapuri, New Delhi-110021, India. It was established in July 1967 and named after the Vedic sage Maitreyi. An all-women’s college, it offers various courses in the fields of Science, Arts and Commerce. The college was recognised by DBT as a star college, conferring the star status to all four of its science departments namely Botany, Zoology, Chemistry and Mathematics.
Sri Guru Tegh Bahadur Khalsa College is a constituent college of the University of Delhi and offers courses for science, commerce and arts in India. In 2018, the highest admission cut-off was 99.66 per cent for B.Sc. (Hons) in Electronics in SGTB Khalsa College. In the humanities stream, Khalsa College had set the highest cut-off at 99 per cent for BA (Hons) in Political Science. The college has 59 classrooms, 19 labs, 6 research labs, indoor and outdoor sports facilities, gymnasium, cafeteria, bank, and medical facilities in proximity, besides other utility services such as post-office and market. The college is well connected by road and Delhi Metro link, and majority students are day-scholars. A hostel for girls can accommodate 147 students, and a hostel for boys was inaugurated in February 2021. The college have air-conditioned classrooms with projection facilities and Internet, campus-wide wired as well as a wireless network having Internet connectiviity, with 24×7 Internet in campus and an overall computer-student ratio of 1 : 2.95
The Government Arts College (Autonomous), Coimbatore was established in the year 1852 by the British Government. This College is one of the best Government Institutions in Tamilnadu. Top bureaucrats, administrators, defence, personnel and high profile politicians are alumni of this institution. It was conferred autonomous status in the year 1987. In 2012, the college was re-accredited with ‘A’ Grade by NAAC. Admissions to the college is coveted by students due to the exceptional guidance offered by highly qualified teaching faculty. The ultimate aim of education is to make a person knowledgeable and well informed and offer him / her life skills so that one can earn one’s livelihood.
Bishop Heber College is a religious minority educational institution established by the Tiruchirappalli – Thanjavur Diocese of the Church of South India. Its main objective is to cater for the higher educational needs of the members of the Church of South India and other Christians and specially to provide for them an educational atmosphere in keeping with the Christian ideals of the Church. The College, however, admits students of all faiths and religions and seeks to provide for them the best possible higher education. It is very wonderful and remarkable that the college was celebrating its Golden Jubilee in 2016 while receiving all these prestigious awards. With the slogan of Golden Jubilee, ‘Excel and empower’, the college continues to excel in different dimensions and empower the young men and women especially those from the weaker sections of the society.
Women’s Christian College is an interdenominational women’s college. The Women’s Christian College was founded in 1915 with 41 students and 7 faculty members, as a result of the joint venture of 12 missionary societies of interdenominational and international nature located in England, in Canada and in U.S.A., with a mission to provide higher education to women of India in liberal arts and sciences. It was affiliated to the University of Madras and was given recognition as an autonomous college in 1982. At present it is a government aided minority institution. It has grown to a strength of over a 4252 students and 209 members of faculty in the aided and self-financing sections. India’s first female political prisoner and freedom fighter Rukmani Lakshmipathy was a student of the first batch. It has been autonomous since 1982, but is affiliated with the University of Madras.
St. Teresa’s College is an autonomous women’s college located at Kochi, Kerala, India, formed under the patronage of the Archdiocese of Verapoly. The college was established on 15 June 1925, as the first Women’s College of the erstwhile Cochin State, by the congregation of the Carmelite sisters of St. Teresa. St. Teresa offers undergraduates and postgraduate programmes in arts and science affiliated to the Mahatma Gandhi University. The college has beenaccredited by National Assessment and Accreditation Council with the highest A++ Grade (CGPA 3.57 out of 4). The college is named after St. Teresa of Avila. Though a saint of the 16th Century, St. Teresa is a model for youth in any age and time. Her teachings form the basis of Catholic Spirituality. She lived the life of a contemplative nun and later was named as the “Doctor of the Church”. Allison Peers, who translated her life said, “Her purely human qualities and gifts, the saintliness of her life, the naturalness and candour of her manner and style, these are some of the reasons why her name is not only graven upon the enduring marble of history but taken on the lips of generation after generation on with reverence and love”
Mar Ivanios College is an autonomous educational institution situated in Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala, India. The institution is located on a scenic hilltop with a sprawling campus area of hundreds of acres in Bethany Hills, Nalanchira, Thiruvananthapuram. Mar Ivanios College was established in 1949 by Geevarghese Mar Ivanios, the first Archbishop of Trivandrum. Mar Ivanios College became the first private college affiliated to the University of Kerala to receive the status of CPE from the UGC. Upon the recommendation of the University Grants Commission (UGC), the college has been conferred autonomy status by the University of Kerala with effect from 13 June 2014. The motto of the college is‘Veritas Vos Liberabit’ which means ‘Truth shall Liberate You’.
Virudhunagar Hindu Nadars’ Senthikumara Nadar College, is a general degree college located in Virudhunagar, Tamil Nadu. It was established in the year 1947. The college is affiliated with Madurai Kamaraj University. This college offers different courses in arts, commerce and science. The college is recognized by the University Grants Commission (UGC). The Institute strives for the uncompromising quality and the highest standard of excellence in teaching, learning and research across various disciplines. The institute is keen on enhancing knowledge by research and innovation and ensures continuous engagement in the scholarly activities in pursuit of innovation, creativity and excellence. Virudhunagar Hindu Nadars’ Senthikumara Nadar College, is a general degree college located in Virudhunagar,
Government College for Women, Thiruvananthapuram, also known as H.H. The Maharaja’s College for Women, is one of the oldest women’s college located in Trivandrum, Kerala. The college offers undergraduates and postgraduate programmes in arts and science affiliated to the Kerala University. It has been accredited by NAAC with an A Grade. A pioneering ladies college, in a beautiful campus, with lush greenery and fine heritage buildings, this grand matriarch has kept pace with modernity, offering a cosmopolitan experience to each student who vie to get into her fold. Nurturing and maintaining a tradition of good values coupled with an ethos of respect, tolerance and integrity continue to be college hallmark.
Sri Ramakrishna Mission Vidyalaya College of Arts and Science, is a general degree college located at Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu. This college offers different courses in arts, commerce and science. The college was started in 1964 with the blessings of Srimat Swami Madhavanandaji Maharaj and has completed 55 years of purposeful service to the student community and society. The College was Re- accredited by NAAC with ‘A’ grade in the year 2016. It was conferred with autonomous status in the year 1981 and it was extended for a period of five years (2018-19 to 2022-23). The College offered 17 UG programmes and 6 PG programmes and one PG Dimloma Programme. The College has so far produced 464 M.Phil and 160 PhD Scholars. Several reputed industries conduct campus interviews every year thereby recruiting our students. Besides academic studies, students have displayed their talents and skills in sports, literary and cultural competitions held at various levels. The faculty members regularly publish their research papers in national and international journals. The Extension Services of the College’s Departments serve the rural areas in their respective ways.
Holy Cross College (Autonomous), Tiruchirappalli is a highly reputed Arts and Science College for women in the state of Tamil Nadu. It is a Catholic Institution established in the year 1923 for the benefit of the young girls of Tiruchirappalli, when higher education for women was considered almost a transgression against the age-old respected customs concerning higher education for girls, it has a unique history with excellence for the Nine and a half decades. Holy Cross College admits students, irrespective of their caste, creed and state. The college administered by the Sisters of the Cross of Chavanod, Province of Tiruchirappalli, is affiliated to the Bharathidasan University and it is one among the oldest college for women in South India.
Maharaja Agrasen College is a college of the University of Delhi, located in Vasundhara Enclave (East Delhi), National Capital Region of Delhi. Maharaja Agrasen College was established in 1994 with the objective of catering to the educational requirements of a densely populated East Delhi. The college is fully funded by the Government of India. The college has now shied to its modern and spacious building complex covering 10 acres (40,000 m2) in Vasundhara Enclave, Delhi. It includes an auditorium, a computer centre, fully computerized library, laboratories, and a conference hall. The new building complex has acquired several new facilities like an Information and Communication Technology Center, a Language Laboratory, a Media Laboratory, an Indira Gandhi Open University Center, and a University Grants Commission Research Center among others.
Kanchi Mamunivar Government Institute for Post graduate Studies and Research(KMGIPSR), Puducherry is a Government Institution, started in the year 1989 with the objective of imparing higher education at Postgraduateand Research level to the urban and rural society. It is affiliated to Pondicherry University, offering 13 PG Courses, 11 M.Phil Programmes and 8 Ph.D Programmes in Arts, Humanities, Commerce and Science disciplines. The Centre was originally named as Centre for PG Studies and was renamed as Kanchi Mamunivar Centre for Postgraduate Studies(KMCPGS) in 1994 and Kanchi Mamunivar Centre for Postgraduate Studies (KMCPGS) was renamed as Kanchi Mamunivar Government Institute for Post graduate Studies and Research(KMGIPSR)in 2019 and is recognized under 2f and 12B of the UGC Act, 1956 with effect from 1993.
Ramanujan College is a constituent college of University of Delhi. It is named after the Indian mathemacian Srinivas Ramanujan. It is located in Kalkaji, near Nehru Place in South Delhi. The college runs fifteen courses in the disciplines of Humanities Commerce, Management, Mathematical Sciences, Computer Science and Vocational Studies. It is also the study center for the students of the Non- Collegiate Women’s Education Board, University of Delhi and the Indira Gandhi National Open University. Ramanujan College has been accredited grade “A++” by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC). Ramanujan College has also been selected by the MHRD as a Teaching Learning Center and National Resource Center.
Ethiraj College for Women is an arts and science college for women in Chennai, India, managed by the Ethiraj College Trust. It was founded in 1948 by the barrister V. L. Ethiraj of Vellore. Ethiraj College for Women is an autonomous college situated in the heart of the city of Chennai with 9 acres of campus area. The formative years witnessed a strong foundation through introduction of undergraduate courses in Economics, Botany, Chemistry, History, Zoology and English Literature along with the infrastructural facilities, resulting in the construction of the Science Block, Hostel, Open Air Theatre and the Old Library Block. The landmark development of this decade was the auditorium, which to this day remains the pride of the college. The decade of 1968–1978 saw the growth of the college with the introduction of Commerce, Mathematics and Physics at the UG level and a number of PG courses and the construction of PG block.
Scoot Christian College is an autonomous, co-educational, arts and science college in Nagercoil, Tamil Nadu. Run by the Diocese of Kanyakumari of the Church of South India, the college is graded “A” under National Assessment and Accredittion Council (NAAC) rankings in India and is rated 5-star. The college is one of the oldest colleges in the present-day Tamilnadu state and one of the first to be started in the erstwhile princely state of Travancore. The alumni of the college are called Scottians. In 1893, it was elevated to a Second Grade College affiliated to the University of Madras with twelve students under Rev. Dr. James Duthie as the first Principal. Rev. Parker built the Science Block for the College in 1908-1910 with a legacy of £1000 from the family of Mr. Septimus Scottians and a grant from the government of Travancore. The Library was equipped with up-to-date volumes which ran up to 4000 in 1924. College mission is to impart finest knowledge through innovative teaching learning methods & accomplish holistic development through novel Curriculum with regional, national and international relevance.
V. O. Chidambaram College (VOC College) is a college of arts and sciences in Tuticorin, (Thoothukudi), a southern city of Tamil Nadu, India. The college, founded by Kulapathi A. P. C. Veerabahu in 1951, has been recognized by UGC under the 12(b) and 2(f). It is a postgraduate and research centre affiliated to Manonmaniam Sundaranar University, Tirunelveli. It offers undergraduate courses, postgraduate courses, and research courses. Managed by V. O. Chidambaram Educational Society, the college provides higher education to the economically and gender-wise discriminated sections hailing fromthe backward areas of southern districts of Tamilnadu, India. Affiliated to the then Madras University, a number of under graduate courses were started in various disciplines. Five hostels, including the three that were built within the campus provided stay to the outstation students of the college. In 1966, the College was affiliated to the newly born Madurai University. In the post 1966 period, this college emerged as a post-graduate centre with the introduction of P.G courses in several disciplines like English and Chemistry. At that time, this college was the largest college in Madurai University area for many years in terms of student strength. A Central Hall with gallery and an architecturally elegant Auditorium were later built in the college to organise seminars and cultural programmes.
Queen Mary’s College is a government-run college in Chennai, India. Founded in 1914, it is the first women’s college in the city and the third oldest women’s college in India and second oldest in South India after Sarah Tucker College. The college is located on junction of Kamarajar Salai and Dr. Radhakrishnan Salai facing the Marina Beach. The college plays a vital role in education and empowerment of girl children from poor economic sections. It was founded by Dorothy de la Hey with the support of the Governor of Madras Presidency Lord Pentland in 1914 as Madras College for Women. It was later renamed as Queen Mary’s College in 1917. Queen Mary’s College is best described as a pioneer in the task of empowering women through education. With a modest intake of 33 women students at the time of its inception, it has over the 102 years of its existence, grown phenomenally from an Intermediate to a tertiary level institution and on to a full-fledged premier institution. Today it caters to over 4000 women students. The scenic and sprawling campus of 17 acres located on the famed Marina and overlooking the magnificent vista of the Bay of Bengal, symbolizes the history of its endeavours to reach horizons of knowledge. This college has launched women into all spheres of life: its alumni have played decisive roles in governmental and non-governmental organizations, both nationally and internationally and have achieved global recognition.
Stella Maris College is an institution of higher education for women in Chennai, India. It is an autonomous college affiliated to the University of Madras and is partly residential. The college, which is under the direction of the Society of the Franciscan Missionaries of Mary, is a minority institution. It has five hostels – Snehalaya, Our Lady’s, Klemens, St. Josephs and Nava Nirmana. Beginning in a small one-storey building on 15 August 1947, with an enrollment of 32 students, the college has at present over 5,500 students housed in large buildings on the campus of “The Cloisters”, Cathedral Road, Chennai. The college became autonomous in 1987 and has 19 undergraduate and 12 postgraduate programmes. Research programmes such as M.Phil, PhD, and postgraduate diploma courses are part of the academic curriculum. The college is under the management of the Institute of the Franciscan Missionaries of Mary.
St. Xavier’s College Ahmedabad (SXCA) was founded in 1955 by the Gujarat Jesuits of the Society of Jesus (Jesuits). SXCA is the only grant-in-aid Christian minority institution of higher education in Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India. It is still run by the Society of Jesus (Jesuits). St. Xavier’s College offers programmes in Arts-Humanities, Sciences, Computer Sciences and Commerce. Being one of the first colleges in the state of Gujarat to have been accredited by NAAC in the year 2001 with five stars, it has thereafter been an impetus to maintain a continuum of quality education and grow with every accreditation and the Autonomy status. The academic autonomy has allowed the institution to foray into higher realms of education. With its Ignatian pedagogical paradigm that encompasses the three elements of experience, reflection and action, a holistic view of the world is pronounced. The ethos and energy of the institution is due to its values, inclusiveness, equity and diverse cultures. The college has been ranked in the top colleges by GSIRF, NIRF, the India Today and The Week Surveys of Best Colleges. Xavier’s is not just a college, it is a way of life.
DESHBANDHU COLLEGE was established in the year 1952 by the Ministry of Rehabilitation, in the memory of Late Lala Deshbandhu Gupta – a veteran freedom fighter. The college made a humble beginning with just 72 students and the courses like Prep(arts), Prep(science) and Pre-medical. The college was transferred to ministry of education and later taken over by the University of Delhi. Guided by the mantra “Karmanyevadhikaraste” – motto, the college continues to grow both in size and stature. Today, Deshbandhu is a fully maintained constituent college of University of Delhi and has the distinction of being the oldest and the largest co-educational institution in South Delhi promoting Arts, Commerce and Science courses. The college offers seven post graduate and eighteen undergraduate courses in disciplines ranging from languages/literature, history, political science, economics, commerce to all the major branches of science and mathematics and caters to over 4500 students every year. The sprawling campus of Deshbandhu college, with its lawns, gardens and playgrounds provide a healthy environment for all round development of the generation. The campus is dotted with an Administrative block, Dr. B.R. Ambedkar block, Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam block, Swami Vivekananda Auditorium, a huge library, and with well equipped laboratories, together with students’ common rooms, gymnasium, canteen, photocopy, web access centre, medical room, banking facility, a seminar hall, botanical garden and so on.
Dr.N.G.P. Arts and Science College (Dr. NGPASC) is an organization of KMCRET (Kovai Medical Center Research and Educational Trust) was established in the academic year 1997-98 under the leadership of Dr. Nalla G.Palaniswami as Chairman and Dr.Thavamani D.Palaniswami as Secretary. It is a co-educational self financing autonomous institution, affiliated to Bharathiar University, Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu. The College began its educational journey with 4 Under Graduate programmes, now it is emerging as the one of the top self-financing colleges in Tamil Nadu. The institution is recognized under 2(f) & 12(B) and conferred autonomous status during the academic year 2015-16 by University Grants Commission, New Delhi and is accredited with A++ Grade (3rd Cycle) by NAAC. Four of our science departments are recognized under DBT-STAR Scheme. MHRD’s Institution Innovation Council (IIC) was established to cater for the innovation and undergraduate research among students. In addition, Dr. NGPASC is recognized as a member of National Rural Entrepreneurship Mission by Mahatma Gandhi National Council of Rural Education, Ministry of Education, Government of India and Scientific and Industrial Research Organisations (SIROs) by Department of Scientific and Industrial Research, DST, Government of India.
Ramaiah College of Arts, Science and Commerce was established in 1994 by our founder Late Dr. M S Ramaiah offering both under graduate and post graduate degrees offered by Bangalore University in Arts, Science and Commerce and Management streams. The college is approved by AICTE, New Delhi, recognized by the Government of Karnataka. The college is also recognized by UGC under 2(f) and 12 B of UGC Act 1956, re-accredited “A” grade by NAAC. Our college is a unique learning institution which has played a pioneering role in providing academic excellence. College constantly endeavour to focus on innovative teaching practices aimed at helping and developing their students into professionals of the future.
St Thomas’ College (Autonomous) is a government aided college located in Thrissur City, the Cultural Capital of Kerala, India. Founded by Mar Adolph Medlycott in 1889, this college played a very important role in the development of the State. It is the oldest college in the erstwhile princely state of Cochin and present day Thrissur district. It is the second private college to be recognised as a first grade college under the University of Madras, in then existed princely states of Travancore, Cochin and Malabar which later became mostly the present geographical area of Kerala. It is the first Catholic college in Kerala and is conducted by the Syro-Malabar Catholic Archdiocese of Thrissur. Mar Andrews Thazhath is the Patron and Mar Tony Neelankavil is the Manager of the College now.
St. Xavier’s College, Palayamkottai, is a Jesuit college of arts and science affiliated to Manonmaniam Sundaranar University, Tamil Nadu, India. The college was founded in 1923 by Jesuit Fr. Jerome D’Souza (1897–1977). The Bachelor of Arts degree (BA) is offered in English and economics, besides a Bachelor of Commerce (BCom). The Bachelor of Science (BSc) is offered in mathematics, physics, chemistry, computer science, botany, and zoology. The Master of Arts (MA) is offered in Tamil and folklore and communication, along with the Master of Commerce (M.Com). The Master of Science (MSc) is offered in mathematics, botany, and zoology. Part-time and full-time programmes award the Master of Philosophy (MPhil) in Tamil, mathematics, and zoology. The doctorate (PhD) is offered in Tamil, English, folklore andcommunication, commerce, mathematics, physics, chemistry, computer science, botany, and zoology.
Sacred Heart College, Kochi is an institution of higher education affiliated to the Mahatma Gandhi University, Kottayam. It was established in 1951. In the year 2000, the college was accredited by the National Accreditation and Assessment Council (NAAC) at the Five Star level, and in 2006 it was re accredited at the A level. It has 21 undergraduate and 20 postgraduate programmes, 1 Integrated PG programmes and a range of diploma and certificate courses. In 2014 the college became one among the first five autonomous colleges in Kerala. In 2006, NAAC reaccredited the College with ‘A’ Grade. ‘Guezou Hostel’ for men was inaugurated to accommodate the increasing number of men students. In 2007 Autonomous Status was conferred on to the entire College and the College opened itself to admit girl students in UG Programmes. In the very next year we introduced Choice Based Credit System (CBCS) was introduced.
Ayya Nadar Janaki Ammal College (ANJAC) is an autonomous college in Sivakasi in the Indian state of Tamil Nadu, affiliated to Madurai Kamaraj University, Madurai recognized as a ‘College of Excellence’ by the University Grants Commission. This college was established by the financial support extended by two charitable trusts viz., Janaki Ammal Ayya Nadar Trust and P. IYA Nadar Charitable Trust. This college which began its operations in 1963 with modest beginning of offering only Pre University programme today offers 18 U.G., 16 P.G., 12 Certificate, 6 P.G. Diploma, 2 Advanced Diplomas, 10 M.Phils., and 7 Ph.D. Programmes in Science, Arts and Commerce faculties with an intake of 2,900 students and research scholars. The college campus located in a 175 acres on the Sivakasi – Srivilliputtur road, five kilometers away from Sivakasi. The college administration is primarily governed by the managing committee, that includes Ayya and Janaki Ammal Trust members, principal and university representatives. Autonomous functionaries and college council are responsible for the day-today activities of the academic programs. The two charitable Trusts, viz. Janaki Ammal Ayya Nadar Trust and P. Iya Nadar Trust manage the college and extend financial support.
Shivaji College is a premier institution in West Delhi, accredited with grade ‘A’ by NAAC. It was ranked as one of the top 10 science colleges of the country in a survey conducted by India Today in 2017. Shivaji College functions under the trusteeship of the Government of Delhi. It was established in 1961 by Hon’ble Dr Panjabrao Deshmukh, Union Minister for Agriculture and a renowned social activist and farmer-leader. His vision was to provide higher education for boys and girls in the predominantly rural area of Matiala. The Government of Delhi took the trusteeship of Shivaji College into its possession and relocated it to Karampura in 1967. Shivaji College was further shifted to the present campus in Raja Garden in 1976. The location of Shivaji College is quite enviable with two metro stations in close vicinity of the college and an extensive bus service that enables students to commute from different parts of the national capital region. There are other amenities like general hospital, bazars, banks, post-office, etc. nearby the college. The college campus has photocopy facility, banking and health-care services, and a cafeteria and kiosks for beverages & snacks.
Indraprastha College for Women, also known as Indraprastha College or IP College is the oldest women’s college in Delhi. Established in 1924, it is a constituent college of University of Delhi. The institution offers graduate and post-graduate courses in Economics, Liberal Arts, Commerce, Literature, Computer Science, Multimedia Media & Mass Communication etc. The origins of IP College lie in the Indraprastha Girls School. It was founded in 1904, at the call of noted freedom fighter, educationist and theosophist Annie Besant by a group of Delhi theosophists, led by Lala Jugal Kishore, in Chhipiwara, Old Delhi. Intermediate school was added in 1924 and the Indraprastha College for Women, came into being, with Leonora Gmeiner (from Kapunda, South Australia) as its first principal. Soon the University of Delhi, which itself was founded in 1922, recognised it as a constituent college. Degree courses were introduced in 1930s and in 1938, the university listed I.P. College as a degree college.
St. Joseph’s College, Devagiri, also known as Devagiri College, is a college in Kozhikode, Kerala, India, offering graduation and postgraduation courses in arts and science. Students and alumni are called ‘Devagirians’. The college is in the Devagiri hills about 8 km east of Calicut (Kozhikode) city. It is run by the Carmelites of Mary Immaculate (CMI), an indigenous religious congregation founded in 1831. Envisioned by the CMI congregation and established in 1956, St. Joseph’s College was. inaugurated by the then-governor of Madras. The college added two postgraduate departments and a sports pavilion within five years of its inception. First affiliated to the University of Madras and then to the University of Kerala, the college is now under the University of Calicut. Devagiri has turned out more than 200 toppers in university examinations and come out the university athletic champions 17 times.
Nallamuthu Gounder Mahalingam College an Institution engaged in providing quality education to the youth has been growing consistently spreading its wings far and wide to offer a variety of educational programmes under one roof for over 60+ years. To provide facilities for higher education for students from high schools of Pollachi and Udumalpet Taluks, an organisation called “Pollachi Kalvi Kazhagam” was constituted in 1957 under the Presidentship of Shri S.P. Nallamuthu Gounder and the Secretaryship of Arutchelvar Dr. N. Mahalingam. NGM College, Pollachi Tamil Nadu runs course(s) in Degree, Computer Applications, Information Technology, Business Management, Research stream(s). B.A.(History), B.A.(English Literature), B.A.(Economics), B.Sc(Mathematics), B.Sc(Physics), B.Sc(Chemistry), B.Sc(Plant Biology and Plant Biotechnology), B.Sc(Advanced Zoology and Biotechnology), B.Com., M.Sc(Mathematics), M.Sc(Physics), M.Com., B.Com.(C.A.), B.B.M., B.C.A., B.Sc(Computer Science), B.A.(Tamil), M.C.A, M.Sc(Biotechnology), M.Com.(I.B.), M.A(Tamil), M.A(English), PGDCA (PG Diploma in Computer Applications), PGDBA (PG Diploma in Business Administration), M. Phil (Full-time / Part-time) Tamil, English, Mathematics, Physics, Botany, Commerce and Computer Science, Ph.D (Full-time / Part-time) Tamil, English, Mathematics, Physics, Botany and Commerce.
St. Joseph’s College of Commerce (SJCC) is a Bengaluru City University-affiliated college operated by the Jesuits. It is autonomous and has an independent examination and recognition system. St. It is situated in central Bangalore at Brigade Road. The college traces its history to 1882, when the Missions Etrangeres’ de Paris established St Joseph’s European High School. Its operations were handed to the Jesuits in 1937 and the Department of Commerce created in 1949. In 1972 St. Joseph’s College was divided, with its College of Arts and Sciences and its College of Commerce becoming independent, although both remain under the administration of the Bangalore Jesuit Educational Society. St Joseph’s College of Commerce (SJCC) and St Joseph’s College of Business Administration (SJCBA) moved to 163,Brigade Road, and St Joseph’s Evening College became an independent college.
College of Social Work, Nirmala Niketan was established in 1955 has received an NAAC recognition.This college has arranged international conference were experts in field of sociology were invited.Its main aim is to solve social problems like unemployment, illiteracy etc. It inspires young minds to work for human dignity. In the years following the independence of India, the founders discerned that the nation’s struggle for development would be served not so much by material relief as by sensitive social concern and insightful committed action. Accordingly the College was founded to realize its vision. The Institute of Social Service Trust managed the College till 1978. Since 1978, the Nirmala Niketan Institute has become the parent body of the College.
Ramjas College is a college of the University of Delhi located in North Campus of the university in New Delhi, India. The college admits both undergraduates and post-graduates, and awards degrees under the purview of the University of Delhi. Ramjas College is one of the best colleges in the country. It is one of the founding colleges of University of Delhi, along with Hindu College and St. Stephen’s College. It is a co-educational college that admits students and select teachers from all communities irrespective of gender, caste, religion and physical challenges. The college is situated in the north campus of university of Delhi. The college relocated to its current location in 1950. Dr Rajendra Prasad, the first President of India inaugurated the present building on January 17, 1951. He even sent his daughters to study here. After the death of Rai Kedarnath, Dr. B. R. Ambedkar, the architect of Constitution of India and first Minister of Law and Justice of India, acted as the Chairman of Governing Body of Ramjas College, the only College in Delhi that had the honour of having him in its Governing Body. On 12 February 1959, The famous black American leader Martin Luther King Jr. visited the college and made a memorable speech to the students. Now almost equal in number, there were only two females out of 161 students in 1942–43 session.
S.S. Jain Subodh P. G. College is one of the oldest colleges in Jaipur, Rajasthan which was established in 1954 managed under Shri Shwetamber Sthanakwasi Jain Society providing undergraduate courses, postgraduate courses, and professional courses. College has Five constructed floors with more than 200 classrooms, 46 laboratories,3 research labs, 5 conference / seminar halls, Staff rooms, One open-air theatre, Two botanical gardens, Five smart classrooms, Library and Book Bank, Open playground and indoor stadium, Two well equipped gymnasiums, Huge underground parking for staff and students, one girls’ hostel with occupancy of 225 girls. Subodh Shiksha Samiti (SSJSSS), Jaipur with an objective to provide education at college level. Although, this Shiksha Samiti is presently running play school to post-graduate Colleges alongwith professional courses e.g. Computer Science, Information Technology, Education, Management, Law etc. at prime locations of Jaipur like Ram Bagh Circle, Johri Bazar, Sanganer and Mansarover. The SSJSSS, Jaipur is having a network of around 24,000 students who are getting quality education in the present scenario of education. The college has a long-standing academic tradition of excellence in higher education.
Alagappa Government Arts College, is a co-educational arts and science college located in Karaikudi of Sivaganga District in Tamil Nadu, India. Also called as Alagappa arts college. The college was started in 11 August 1947 by Dr. Alagappa Chettiar with the motive of providing education to the underdeveloped areas in and around Karaikudi. It was originally started as a private college under the University of Madras. Subsequently, it underwent a transition in 1985 and became a Government of Tamil Nadu college affiliated to Madurai Kamaraj University. Alagappa College offers undergraduates and postgraduate programmes in arts and science affiliated to the Alagappa University. The college has been accredited by National Assessment and Accreditation Council with a “B” Grade. Alagappa Government Arts College, Karaikudi provides knowledge to all sections of students through education and uplifting them in the society. The college has a team of qualified experienced and committed faculty who are dedicated for the development of the institution by imparting their knowledge.
Government Home Science College is a pioneer and professional institute of Home Science in the country. Since its inception in 1961, it has grown into an excellent educational centre, satisfying the professional and specialized needs of the contemporary woman. The former Chief Minister of undivided Punjab, Late Sardar Partap Singh Kairon, was instrumental in establishing this prestigious institute which has undergone a long successful journey of expansion in the field of Home Science. Starting with a three-year degree course in B.Sc. Home Science, it expanded its horizons in the true sense by offering a revamped undergraduate programme by gearing it towards specialization to make it more skill and career oriented. The need based changes have been introduced in five undergraduate specializations namely Apparel and Textile Design; Dietetics; Human Development and Family Relations; Interior Design and Resource Management and B.Sc. Home Science Composite. The college also offers an undergraduate degree course in Fashion Designing and Master’s degree courses in Clothing and Textiles, Foods and Nutrition and Human Development and Family Relations. The need based Postgraduate Diplomas in Fashion Designing, Nutrition and Dietetics and Child Guidance and Family Counselling are also other options after graduation. Ph.D. in Home Science is also offered with course work.
St. Francis College for Women is a Catholic Minority Institution founded by the Sisters of Charity of Sts. Bartolomea Capitanio and Vincenza Gerosa in 1959, for the education of women. The college derives its inspiration from the person and teachings of Jesus Christ, who is its norm, protector and guide. St.Francis College is autonomous, affiliated to Osmania University. The college was recognized under Sec. 2(f) 12B of the University Grants Commission in 1964 and conferred the Status of Autonomy through letter No. F. 24-7/87 (NFE) dated 9 May, 1988. One of the first autonomous colleges in the twin cities, affiliated to Osmania University, St. Francis College is NAAC reaccredited with 3.46 CGPA on a scale of 4, in the 3rd cycle. In 2004, UGC has declared college as College with Potential for Excellence.
Bethune College is a women’s college located on Bidhan Sarani in Kolkata, India, and affiliated to the University of Calcutta. It is the oldest women’s college in India. It was established as a girls’ school in 1849 and as a college in 1879. Bethune College, Kolkata, holds the singular distinction of being Asia’s first women’s college and this unique position is due to its glorious past and continuous association with women’s education, societal struggles and their empowerment. In the field of Higher Education this is a rare achievement as this institution has been the forerunner amongst other educational institutions. The institution has produced doctors, scientists, litterateurs, journalists, public servants, sportspersons, performing artists, and administrators; in short, women have found a nurturing soul for their ambitions in Bethune college, which is a rare feat given that in society women in the past had to struggle for prominence much more than they have to, today.
Sri Ramakrishna College of Arts and Science for Women has an academic heritage of 30 years and is operating under the banner of SNR Sons Charitable Trust, Coimbatore which is committed to the cause of providing quality education and healthcare. The Trust was founded in the year 1970 by the four illustrious sons of Sri. S.N. Rangasamy Naidu. Following the philosophy of ‘To God through man, the Trust successfully runs 15 organisations in the verticals of medical, paramedical, engineering, arts and science, technology and schools including Sri Ramakrishna Multispecialty Hospital. All the institutions are named after the holy sage Sri Ramakrishna Paramahamsa, the founders being ardent devotees of Him.
St. Berchmans College, Changanassery, also known as SB College, is one of the first Autonomous Colleges in Kerala, India with 3000 students with 800 hostlers. Lead, Kindly Light is prayer song of the college. Saint John Berchmans is the patron saint of the college and is venerated in the Church as the Patron of Students. It is a Syrian Catholic college. It is situated in the town of Changanassery 18 kilometers south of Kottayam. Established in 1922, the college celebrates its centenary in 2022. It has nineteen postgraduate and eight research departments and it offers 17 UG, 19 PG, 3 Mphil, and 9 doctoral programmes. Students and alumni of the college are referred to as ‘Berchmanites’. It is run by the Catholic Archdiocese of Changanassery, is affiliated to the Mahatma Gandhi University in Kottayam and is recognized by the University Grants Commission (UGC). The college was granted autonomy by the UGC on 13 June 2014. The college was ranked 79 in All India Ranking by National Institutional Ranking Framework in 2021.
Mar Thoma College is an institution of higher education located in Tiruvalla in the south Indian state of Kerala. The college is affiliated with Mahatma Gandhi University and offers 12 undergraduate, 10 post-graduate, and 7 doctoral programmes. The college is accredited by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC). Mar Thoma College was founded by the Mar Thoma Syrian Church of Malabar in 1952 as a junior college offering two intermediate courses. Alexander Mar Thoma was the school’s founding principal. It has been affiliated with the University of Kerala since its inception. When Mahatma Gandhi University was established in 1983, the college was brought under its affiliation and two years later, two of the departments of the college, English and zoology, were recognized as research centres to commence doctoral programmes.
Government College Kasaragod (GCK) is the campus located in Vidyanagar, the Educational District of Kasaragod with 19 Department including Degree courses, PG courses and research centers under Kannur University was established in 1957. The College is re-accredited with ‘A’ grade by NAAC. The college is now running with more than 1500 students, 100 teaching staffs and 40 Non-Teaching Staffs. The college has functioning facilities like Library, Computer Lab, Career Guidance and Placement Cell etc. and several active groups such as NSS, NCC, Bhoomithra Sena (BMS), Women Empowerment Cell (WEC) etc. As of now the college offers 14 undergraduate courses, 7 post-graduate courses and 5 research centres offering PhD programmes in Kannada, Statistics, Geology, Chemistry and Zoology. The college isre-accredited with NAAC ‘A’ grade.
Vellalar College for Women traces its roots to the year 1970 when the farsighted visionaries of the soil led a mission to educate and empower the first generation women scholars of the locale, specifically those from rural, underprivileged sections of the society to become leaders and contributors to every sector of the society. For more than four and half decades, the institution has passed many groundbreaking milestones and forged benchmarking traditions eventually evolving into the eye of conscience of the society. With a sizeable students’ strength of 6,000 students in the under-graduate and the post-graduate programmes in the Aided and the Unaided sections, the institution espouses the cause of ‘Education for Life’ enabling every graduating scholar to find her niche and to strike a successful balance between academic life and otherwise. The institution’s cogent vision and mission of consummate scholastic service has enabled it to evolve into College with Potential for Excellence in 2010 and currently accorded with the II turn of CPE funds which speaks for its consistency in academic excellence.. Conferred with the status of autonomy in 2007 and re-accredited by NAAC with ‘A’ grade in 2015 in the third cycle with the CGPA of 3.43 the institution continues to equip the students with intellectual, moral, spiritual and physical credentials to lead a purposeful life and to effect a positive difference in the world they cohabit.
Sri Ramakrishna College of Arts and Science (Formerly SNR Sons College – An Autonomous Institution) is a College of Arts and Science in Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu, India. It was founded in 1987. At present, with 5000+ students, the college is offering 30+ programmes in Arts, Humanities, Science, Commerce and Management domains. Sri Ramakrishna College of Arts & Science, Coimbatore offers over 27 courses in UG, 10 courses in PG, 10 courses in doctoral and more than 100 certification courses with various specialisations. These courses are divided into various categories, including Arts & Science, Commerce, Computer Science & IT, Humanities and Management. Most of the courses in under graduation are of three-year duration. Postgraduation courses duration is two years, whereas other additional certification courses range from three to six months of duration. For undergraduate courses, total percentage scored in the final exams of Class 12 is considered as eligibility. For postgraduate courses, the highest percentage scored in related bachelor’s degree is considered as eligibility. For PhD & MPhil courses, total percentage scored in bachelor’s & master’s degrees is considered for eligibility.
Lady Doak College, a premier Christian Institution and the first Women’s College in Madurai, was the brainchild of Ms. Katie Wilcox, an American missionary with a vision and fervour for the empowerment of women. The College made its humble genesis in 1948, and within a short span of time, in 1978, it was commissioned to function as an autonomous college, being affiliated to the Madurai Kamaraj University. As an Ecumenical Christian College whose purpose is to impart quality education of Christian character to students of all creeds, this college strives to develop their intellectual powers, locate, identify and cultivate their interests and talents and train them to be responsible and useful citizens. The college, presently, functions as a unit of Katie Wilcox Education Association and stands distinguished as one of the pioneering autonomous colleges in India.
Mar Athanasius College of Engineering (MACE) is a government aided engineering college located in Kothamangalam, Kerala state, India. One of the oldest engineering colleges in Kerala, MACE was established in 1961 under Mar Athanasius College Association, and is approved by the AICTE. The college is affiliated to the APJ Abdul Kalam Technological University and formerly affiliated with the Mahatma Gandhi University. It has six departments and two auxiliary departments (Mathematics and Humanities & Science). The college provides Bachelor of Technology degrees (Civil, Mechanical, Electrical, Electronics and Communication, Computer Science, Robotics, Data Science), Master of Technology Degrees (Computer Aided Structural Engineering (Civil), Production & Industrial Engineering (Mechanical)) and Master of Computer Applications (MCA) degrees. The college conducts a techfest called Takshak and an arts and culture fest called Sanskriti. The students of MACE are generally referred as MACEians. Student level technical clubs are very active in MACE. IEEE and ASME students have gained global level recognitions.
Institute of Science, Nagpur (Autonomous), established in 1906, is one of the oldest science college in Nagpur, Maharashtra. This college offers different courses in science. It is the oldest pure science higher educational institute in central India. It is affiliated to Rashtrasant Tukadoji Maharaj Nagpur University. The college is recognized by the University Grants Commission (UGC). The Government Institute of Forensic Science, Nagpur is first of its kind in Vidarbha region intended to be established as the centre of excellence in the area of Forensic Science through its teaching and research and committed to impart quality education in the field of Forensic Science. Presently, the Institute offers UG (B.Sc. Forensic Science) program of three-year duration, PG (M.Sc. Forensic Science) program of two-year duration and one-year PG Diploma courses (PGDF, PGDC) affiliated to RTM Nagpur University, Nagpur. The faculty members are devoted to imparting quality education and takes care of the overall development of the students through various activities. The world-class curriculum for the different Forensic Science courses is articulated by the highly professional members of the study committee, formed by the Higher and Technical Education Department of Government of Maharashtra and updated regularly to cater the need of the upcoming times. As a premier Institute, college have been educating India’s future leaders, innovators and thinkers, for almost a decade.
Padmavani Educational and Charitable Trust was established in the year 2005 by the estimable brothers Mr. K. Duraisamy and Mr. K. Sathiyamoorthy. It stepped into the field of education with the aim of the upliftment of feminine education. Mrs. Padmavathy Duraisamy and Mrs. Esaivani Sathiyamoorthy, who seem to be the backbone of the trust, thrive to transform the young seedlings into an ever green grove. The trust also stands as a light house for the unaware feminine winds. Now the young & dynamic Directress Ms. S. Nivitha Sathiyamoorthy imparts her innovative ideas for the better education and women empowerment. The trust also stands as a light for the unaware feminine minds and extends its helping hands to the minds longing for education.
Bishop Moore College is an aided college in Mavelikkara, Alappuzha, Kerala, India, affiliated with the University of Kerala. The college was accredited by NAAC with an “A” Grade in 2017 (Third Cycle of Accreditation). The college is managed by the Madhya Kerala Diocese of the Church of South India, and offers 11 undergraduate programs, five postgraduate programs, and two research programs. It is located at Kallumala, Mavelikara. The founding fathers of the College admitted students without any discrimination on the basis of religion. Merit and suitability was the only criteria for selection of staff at that time. The rights of conscience of all were respected. Special consideration was given to educationally backward section in the matter of admissions. It was the ardent desire of the founders that the students in its precincts and others leaving the portals of the College should be patriotic and should develop a genuine sense of service to the Nation.
Women’s Christian College, Nagercoil, is a general degree college located in Nagercoil, Kanyakumari district, Tamil Nadu. It was established in the year 1973. The college is affiliated with Manonmaniam Sundaranar University. This college offers different courses in arts, commerce and science. The College offers BA, B.Sc, and B.Com at UG level while at PG level it offers MA, M.Sc, M.Com, and M.Phil. The College also offers a doctorate program in five different streams. Admissions are done based on admission rules framed by the college and based on the merit in the qualifying exam. Women’s Christian College is owned and managed by the Kanyakumari Diocese of the Church of South India. The College Governing Board which is constituted by the Diocese formulates the major financial and administrative polices of the college. The general administration of the college is done by the Principal.
Sri Ramakrishna Educational Society was founded in 1984.under the able chairmanship of a visionary and educationist Dr.G. Ramakrishna reddy. The Society started Sri Ramakrishna Degree College in the same year at Nandyal, a commercial headquarters of Kurnool district. The college is known for its for its academic excellence. The degree college has become autonomous college from the academic year2005-06. It offers U.G. courseswith different combinations. UGC recognized only 50 colleges in India as College with Potential for Excellence.Potential for Excellence. SRDC is one among them. For the Quality of Education institution also have ISO 9000. Sri Ramakrishna Degree College has grown by leaps and bounds not only in introducing innovative courses, creating state of the art facilities, recruiting competent faculty but also in its status as an educational institution. It brought many academic laurels to the institution by securing many University ranks, distinctions and a very high ratio of first class students. Having gained a decade’s rich experience in imparting quality education programs at the undergraduate level, a concerted effort was made to extend the same area of services at the Postgraduate level. And thus, Sri Ramakrishna Post Graduate College was established in 1994 under the aegis of Sri Ramakrishna Education Society offeringMBA, MCA and M.Com (Professional) Courses.
The Maharaja’s College is a government college of higher education located in Kochi, Kerala. Established in 1875, it is one of the oldest colleges in India located in the heart of the city. It is spread over a campus of 100,000 square metres (25 acres) on the banks of Vembanad Lake. Blanketed by tall and rare species of trees, its campus features is a mix of old and modern architecture and covers a total area of 19,525 m2 (210,170 sq ft), providing infrastructural facilities for the 22 departments of the college. The college conducts 19 degree courses, 21 postgraduate courses and 11 doctorate programmes. Maharaja’s also offers PhD programmes under some departments.
The college is named after the venerable Mar Thomas Kurialacherry, the first native bishop of Changanacherry and the founder of the Congregation of the Sisters of the Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament. The founding of Bishop Kurialacherry College in 1965 by the S.A.B.S. congregation was inspired by the vision of our heavenly patron, venerable Mar Thomas Kurialacherry who had foreseen the importance of the upliftment, enlightenment, and empowerment of women. It was his vision that by educating women we can create a better home, society and nation. “When we educate a woman we are educating a generation” he used to say.
The CMS College (CMS College Kottayam) is the first Western-style college in India. There are six research centres in the college. Research work leading to the degree of Doctor of Philosophy is conducted in the departments of Botany, Zoology, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, English, and Commerce. CMS College, Kottayam is now one of the largest colleges in Kerala with 23 departments offering 47 courses for 2521 students, 138 teaching faculty members and 35 administrative staffs. Deeply rooted in Kottayam and dedicated to its mission, the CMS College is one of the top colleges in Kerala. With its 23 departments the CMS College offers programs in almost all academic fields in arts and sciences. Whether you have a passion for basic science, applied science, literature, history, politics, commerce or economics, you will find a department that best suits your needs.
North Lakhimpur College is an autonomous college in North Lakhimpur on the north bank of the Brahmaputra river in upper Assam. North Lakhimpur college is the first autonomous college in Assam. The college was established in 1952. In 2012, North Lakhimpur College was accredited with an “A” grade by the NAAC with a CGPA of 3.08. On 30 May 2013, North Lakhimpur College received a letter from the University Grants Commission granting it the status of an autonomous college. North Lakhimpur College is the first college from Assam to receive this status from the UGC. The North Lakhimpur College is the oldest and premier institution of higher education in upper Assam. The college was a fruit of the efforts
Shaheed Sukhdev College of Business Studies (SSCBS) is one of the colleges of the University of Delhi falling under the Faculty of Management Studies and Dept. of Computer Science, imparting education in the fields of management, finance and information technology. The college was established in 1987 by the Ministry of Human Resource Development as the first collegiate business college in India. SSCBS is known for its Society Culture throughout Delhi University with around 30 societies, which is the highest in Delhi University. The college campus has been built over an area of 5 acres covering a floor area of 217800 square feet approximately. The college building has eight floors (including ground floor) along with a basement parking for staff and students. The building also has a hostel for both boys and girls. It is a fully air-conditioned and Wi-Fi enabled building. There are four seminar rooms, one each on the 4th, 5th, 6th and 7th floor. They have a seating capacity of 100 students. They are equipped with latest audio/video equipment and podium for conducting workshops, seminars etc.
Fergusson College is an autonomous public-private college offering various courses in the streams of arts and science in the city of Pune, India. It was founded in 1885 by the Deccan Education Society. Professor Vaman Shivram Apte was its first principal. Social reformer, journalist, thinker and educationist Gopal Ganesh Agarkar served as the second principal from August 1892, till his death in June 1895. Fergusson was among the 19 colleges to get a heritage tag by the central government and UGC in 2015. So, the college receives financial help from UGC for the conservation of campus and buildings. The Main Building is at the inner entrance of the college. Built entirely in Victorian style, the two-storey structure houses the central office and the principals’ chambers. The Statistics and Psychology Departments lie to the east of the main building; the Economics Department lie to the west. The computer science and the life science buildings are also to the west. On the southern side are the RP Paranjpye building, Pittie Chemistry building, Botany, Zoology, Geology, Electronics and Physics departments. The building overlooks the central garden to the north and has two lecture halls and the staffs’ chambers. There are 55 laboratories and 51 lecture halls in all.
CMS College of Science and Commerce is a premier institution based in Coimbatore for higher education. It was established in 1988 by the CMS Educational and Charitable Trust, a non-profit organization. As a centre for academic excellence, CMS offers affordable and quality education to thousands of aspirants every year. Our students excel in various curricular fields have bought various accolades to our institution. The College follows a rigorous academic schedule which is complemented by a varied spectrum of co-curricular activities, providing the students with opportunities to display their creativity and talent. Spread over a 26 acre complex with excellent infrastructure, the campus can be justifiably proud of a peaceful, congenial atmosphere, ideal for academic pursuit. CMS offers 29 Undergraduate courses and 15 Postgraduate courses besides 16 research programmes. The college received the accolade of Autonomy in 2007, marking it as a turning point in curriculum design and development. It has enabled the institution to frame its own syllabus, effectively implementing creative and innovative programmes in teaching, learning and evaluation, while making existing programmes more career-oriented through an efficient system of review & redesigning.
Delhi School of Professional Studies and Research (DSPSR) under the aegis of Divine Group, has been set up by the Society for Human Transformation and Research (SHTR). The society has been promoted by the luminaries from the field of academics having national and international recognition. It was the dream of some academicians that there should be a group of institutions dedicated to sustainable human development through transformation of human beings, the most important creature on this earth. SHTR is committed to excellence in education and research aiming at the development of competent and humane professionals. DSPSR is the fructification of above mentioned dream. It came into existence in 1999, the year it’s affiliating university, Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University (GGSIPU) came into existence. The Institution has been rated into ‘A’ category by National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC), Ministry of HRD, Govt. of India; the Academic Audit of the GGSIP University; and Joint Assessment Committee (JAC) of GGSIP University & Directorate of Higher Education (DHE), Government of NCT of Delhi.
Dr. SNS Rajalakshmi College of Arts and Science (Autonomous), was established in 1999 under the reign of Sri SNS Charitable Trust. The trust was established in the year 1997 with a philanthropic outlook of serving the society in the fields of education, health and industry. The trustees are with rich experience and wide knowledge in industry, medicine and higher education, dedicated themselves to work for the development of the society in these fields by way of starting various charitable institutions in a phased manner. Providing a cutting-edge infrastructure in the forms of ICT Enabled Classrooms, Well Equipped Laboratories, Library, Wifi Enabled Campus, Food Court, Cafeteria, Coffe Day, Playgrounds and Play areas equipped with top-quality sports equipment, Executive Lounge, SPINE – The student recreational activity center, Hostel facilities with caring wardens and tight securities, Transportation facilities, tie-ups with renowned Hospitals, owned Clinic and 108 emergency. Sports and Fitness go hand in hand, at SNS. Passing the legacy of health to every generation with top quality sports equipment and great coaches. With a team of energy, security, and technology experts, SNS Secure guarantees the safety, digital connectivity, and sustainable power 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 52 weeks a year; no matter the circumstances, conditions or events taking place at outside. College is equipped with the generation capacity upto 50% of electricity consumption
St Aloysius College is a private, coeducational, Jesuit college located in Mangaluru, Karnataka, India. With a enrollment of 4183 undergraduate students and 1532 postgraduate students and 69 research scholars, the college specializes in academic programs in the humanities, commerce, science, technology, and management. The National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) awarded St. Aloysius College with a cumulative grade point average (CGPA) of 3.62 out of 4.0 in the third cycle of accreditation in March 2015. The college has been sanctioned ‘DDU Kaushal Centre’ for the years 2015-17 under the 12th Plan Scheme by the Govt of India. The college is awarded STAR Status under Dept of Biotechnology, Govt of India and is extended to the second phase. It has also been recognised as a ‘College with Potential for Excellence’ by the University Grants Commission (UGC) also for the second phase. The college has been sanctioned Community College Scheme by UGC and the state government has given grants to the college to start the Biotechnology Finishing School (BTFS).
Mehr Chand Mahajan DAV College for Women (MCM), a premier institution for women’s education in North India, was established in 1968 to commemorate the exemplary contribution of Justice Mehr Chand Mahajan to the cause of education. The foundation stone of the College was laid by the then Vice President of India, Dr V.V. Giri. The college functions under the aegis of DAV College Managing Committee (DAV CMC),which is successfully running more than 1000 educational institutions under the able guidance of our worthy President Dr Punam Suri Ji, Padma Shri Awardee. MCM celebrated its Golden Jubilee in February 2018 and the visit of Hon’blePresident of India, Sh. Ram Nath Kovind, to the college made the celebrations historic. The college has accomplished countless stellar achievements over the years and has emerged as an institution of eminence. The college offers 1 PhD, 8 postgraduate, 6 undergraduate, 13 honours degree programs, 2 postgraduate diplomas, and 6 Add-on courses.
Kumararani Meena Muthiah College of Arts and Science was founded in the year 1996, under the dynamic leadership of Dr. Mrs. Meena Muthiah, Secretary & Correspondent, Kumararani of Chettinad. The College aims to inculcate a sense of moral and cultural superiority of our nation in young minds, thereby making them responsible citizens to suit the national and global needs. The college has grown today with 11 UG and 3 PG courses in Shift I and 2 UG courses in Shift II driving the force to empower, enhance and propel the students towards techno savvy transformation. The College has a spacious ground equipped with facilities to promote sports activities. The ground has a permanent Dias, cubicles for changing and wash rooms. The ground is well maintained and is used to conduct tournaments and offer training for various games like Cricket, Volleyball, Football, Throwball, Handball, Kho-Kho and track events. The college is pioneer in encouraging sports activities by conducting special tournaments at National and State Level. KUMARARAJAH M.A.M MUTHIAH MEMORIAL GOLD CUP TOURNAMENT is the annual signature sports event of the college.
Marian College is an autonomous educational institution. It offers graduate and postgraduate courses. The Catholic Diocese of Kanjirapally established Marian College Kuttikkanam in 1995 to provide the student community with education in information technology, commerce, social work and management. Marian College Kuttikkanam is accredited with ‘A’ Grade by NAAC. The college is declared as the College with Potential for Excellence (CPE) by UGC. Marian acquired its autonomous status in 2016 becoming the youngest college to acquire the status in 21 years. Marian has a tradition of academic excellence proven through University ranks and high placements. The college has academic tie-ups with several renowned international universities. The college imparts information with the intention of the right character formation of the students, eventually achieving their holistic transformation. The college was declared as autonomous by the UGC in 2016. Separate hostel for Boys and Girls, Five hostels functioning, Toilet attached and non-attached rooms Furnished mess which can serve 700 persons at a time, Indoor Floodlit Rubberised Badminton Court, Table Tennis Tables, Highly Equipped Laundry Services, Gymnasium.
Sanatan Dharma College commonly known as S.D. College, is a graduate and post graduate college, established in 1916 and situated in Ambala Cantonment, India on the Ambala-Jagadhri highway Originally established in Lahore, the college was re-established in Ambala in 1948 after the partition of India in 1947. The college was established in the year 1916 in Lahore, which was then the capital of undivided Punjab, and an education hub. During the last decade of 19th century, and early 20th century, the Sanatana Dharma Sabha had become a popular movement in the region and established a number of schools and colleges in the region. The founders of the college were great sanatanis Pandit Madan Mohan Malviya and Pandit Deen Dayal Vachaspati. Pandit Rekhi Ram was most instrumental in collection of huge amount of donation for development of college.